Romantic Birthday Ideas
It doesn’t have to cost a fortune either if you don’t want it to. All it takes is a little effort and a lot of heart.
After all, a birthday is not just another day when it comes to the person you love. Here are some new romantic ideas to jazz up his or her birthday and make it memorable.
- Nostalgic – Go someplace that was special for your partner when he or she was little. Maybe get an ice cream sundae at a favorite childhood spot. Go on eBay and see if you can get anything that might bring back great memories. You might need to do some detective work though…try to be subtle so they don’t find out what you’re up to!
- Adventurous - Book a hotel room or bed and breakfast and spend the day somewhere new. Bonus points if it is somewhere he or she said they always wanted to visit. Many hotels and bed & breakfast locations can arrange for flowers in the room upon arrival or other romantic details.
- Fun - Go to a Karaoke bar and sing your song to him or her as a surprise. You don’t have to be a great singer either, it’s actually more endearing if you are not that great. This is one of those situations where your discomfort shows how much you love them.
- Crazy - Just randomly walk into a tattoo parlor to get matching tattoos. If you are into it, a tattoo can be a lasting memory of how much you love one another every time you look at it. Some popular symbols of everlasting love are the Celtic heart or love knot, the Japanese calligraphy symbol for love, a sideways number eight meaning infinity, and of course the classic heart.
- Surprise - actually call and ask for a date, formally. Really do it up as if it were the first date ever. Not only will this have the shock factor it will build anticipation. They will wonder what you are up to!
- Relaxing - Nothing beats a spa day together. Both men and women appreciate a good massage along with all the other kinds of pampering a spa gives. The bonus is this can lead to events later because you are both feeling so amazing.
- Detailed - Start by writing “I love you” on the bathroom mirror, or their car window with soap. (The back window is preferable we don’t want any accidents on the birthday – not fun.) Place a tiny love note under the windshield wiper and insert a special song into the CD player for when they start up the car. If you don’t have the keys, request it on a common radio station or have it playing later when they come home. Send a thank you card to his or her mother. When they get home, have a note on the TV that says “turn me on instead.” Light candles, you can never go wrong with candles for a romantic setting
Be thankful for the day your special someone was born and help them feel special by celebrating it!